Due to a bug in the WPS Office uninstaller, please follow the steps below to remove WPS Office:
- Log in with an administrator account: Start by logging into your computer system using an account with administrator privileges. This can be an administrator account or any other account with administrative rights. We need to make some permission adjustments to ensure a smooth uninstallation process.
- Adjust user account privileges: After logging in with the administrator account, modify the privileges of the user account (e.g., USER1) that was used to install WPS Office. Set the privileges to the highest level (ADMINISTRATORS GROUP). This will ensure sufficient permissions to perform the uninstallation. Please note that if your Windows system has User Account Control (UAC) enabled, you may need to temporarily disable it before adjusting the privileges to avoid any interference with the uninstaller's operation.
- Switch to the user account: Log out of the administrator account and log in again using the user account (e.g., USER1) that was used to install WPS Office. Make sure you are using this account for the following steps to execute the uninstallation process correctly.
- Run the provided WPS uninstaller: After logging in with the user account, locate the installation folder of WPS Office. Typically, it can be found in the Program Files folder, under the WPS directory. In that folder, you should find the uninstaller provided by WPS. Run the uninstaller and follow the instructions to complete the removal process. Ensure that the uninstaller runs smoothly without being hindered by Windows UAC.
- Restore user account privileges: Once the WPS uninstaller has successfully completed the removal, switch back to the administrator account. This time, adjust the privileges of the user account (e.g., USER1) back to the regular user level (USERS GROUP). This will ensure that the user account maintains normal privilege settings for regular usage.
By following these professional steps, you will be able to remove WPS Office properly, even if there are issues with the uninstaller provided by WPS. Please proceed with the instructions to ensure a smooth removal process. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.